[RSS]: Using Super Mario sets as display models

Brickset

Using Super Mario sets as display models

Today's article focussing on building techniques has been contributed by Vorkosigan:

There has been a lot of debate as to the intended appeal of the LEGO Super Mario sets. The game element is not really competitive, but they are also not aimed at those AFOLs looking for display models. I believe the intended purpose of the sets is fuel for imaginative role-playing of Mario's adventures.

The interactive features enhance storytelling, it is not just about racking up the highest score. In other words, playability is more directly the point than many LEGO sets. Playability is often scoffed at by adult fans who are more interested in the process of building, and the final appearance of the set.

But I believe this focus on playability creates a unique inspiration for different kinds of MOCs where interactive functions are the heart of builds. In this article I will describe my experience adding interactivity to LEGO Mario MOCs and the details of two specific mechanisms.

Continue reading »

© 2021 Brickset.com. Republication prohibited without prior permission.

View the full article

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове