[RSS]: Review: 60348 Lunar Roving Vehicle Review

Brickset

Review: 60348 Lunar Roving Vehicle Review

I’m not sure of exact date, but at some point in the very early 1980s there was a significant event in my life. Before then, I’d only had a passing interest in LEGO, and had spent the occasional afternoon trying to build various things with my sister, using an assortment of old basic bricks.

Then, one day, my older brother gave me a little box that had more of an impact than he probably expected. It was my first ever LEGO set, a 886 Space Buggy! Although it only included a handful of parts, I adored it, and it triggered my interest in both astronomy and LEGO, which has continued for most of the last 40 years.

I might be slightly biased, but in my opinion there’s still something truly magical about Classic Space sets, and that seems to be a common view amongst AFOLs of a similar age! I remember being fascinated by the box art; the pale-yellow foregrounds, combined with distant blurry stars and planets, were intoxicating! The sets themselves look unremarkable today compared to modern designs, but at the time they contained some amazingly futuristic parts and colours, not to mention the wonderfully smiley minifigures, who clearly were oblivious to the dangers of space exploration!

However, despite my fondness for them, I don’t think I’ve actually built any space-themed sets for at least 20 years, as I’d passed my extensive childhood collection onto my nephews. So, when Huw kindly asked if I’d like to review one of the new 2022 wave, it seemed like a great opportunity to see how they’ve progressed.

Continue reading »

© 2022 Brickset.com. Republication prohibited without prior permission.

View the full article

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове